“When we say Reformed, we simply mean Biblical.”
- Reformed = Go back to the Bible.
- Biblical = Allow the Bible to frame our doctrines.
- The Foundation = The authority of the Scripture alone.
- The Goal = The glory of God above all things.
- The Truth = The purity of the gospel: “how sinful man and be right with the Holy God.”
“Reformed” in essence is:
God formed the truth. And then the truth became deformed by false teachers, traditions and ecclesiastical hierarchy (which became the authority instead of the Word of God). Reformed is to simply bring it back to where God formed it. So, man by his failure to properly teaching the Bible deformed it, and the reformers simply put it back to the form as God has originally given it.