May 20, 2020 - Default No Comments
3 Lessons from Ravi Zacharias
by Sam Allberry for Ravi Zacharias 拉維‧撒迦利亞 (1946-2020)
- The person matters more than the question (人比问题重要).
- “Answer the questioner, not the question.”
- Tone is as important as content (语气和内容同样重要).
- “Always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect” (1 Pet. 3:15b).
- “A true word said ungraciously will not commend the gospel. We can un-preach with our manner what we think we’re preaching with our words.”
- “There were many times at a university forum when a student would ask something in a snarky way. But Ravi would always aim to respond with gentleness and respect. It could often be disarming. They may have just treated him with disdain, but his response was both dignified and dignifying. He didn’t belittle others, or humiliate them.”
- The cross is the heart of the message (十字架是核心).
- “I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified” (1 Cor. 2:2).
- “Ravi didn’t preach an argument; he used argumentation to preach a person.”
- “Evangelism undergirded by apologetics.”